Friday, June 10, 2005

I learnt my geometry at high school

It's raining. So with our crack technology, we could lose power at any moment. I just finished sending 70-something emails to various hometowns of little boys and girls who were gifted enough to make our honors lists.

Just as I was about to hit the send button on an email to Odessa, I had a sudden epiphany. I am basically working from a list that gives a student's name, hometown and whether he/she (sometimes its hard to tell from gender ambigous names) made the Dean's list or the President's list. I had just finished typing up my press release concerning Brittany and Sergiy from Odessa. Have you guessed my problem yet? Sure enough Sergiy, whose last name is an extended alphabet soup ain't from around here. I sure am glad they teach't me geometry at my podunk high school cause I figured out all by my self that there might be more than one Odessa on this here spheroid we call home.

3 comments:

spookyrach said...

Geometry. Hyuck, hyuck!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You mean there is really more than one Odessa??

Unknown said...

Actually Odessa was started by Russian Immigrants working on the railway at that time. Odessa is the name of the small village in Russia in which they came from. Also there are Odessa's in other state's throughout this great Country of ours. If you need another history lesson, you know where I am. Also, that person could be an exchange student.