Friday, April 25, 2008

Second-grade Worries

I have to brag on my daughter a little bit. Closing out her year in second grade, she has significantly surpassed her reading goals and is starting to devour words at a prolific rate. This morning was no different.

As I was in the kitchen downing my morning regimen of medication, my young daughter was making her lunch in preparation for school when she offered, “Dada. I’m not going to have heart disease.”

“Really,” I say. “Why not?”

“Because I eat Cheerios and it says right here, (pointing to the box that was still on the table) ‘Proven to reduce cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.’”

Next step ... Med school.

4 comments:

spookyrach said...

So now she eats rice, tortillas, chocolate and cheerios? She may not have heart disease, but I think she might end up with scurvy!

jonboy said...

Hey, she eats broccoli and bananas, too. Well ... she kind of looks at the broccoli, but she doesn eat bananas.

Anonymous said...

She takes after her Sunday School teacher! NO, not Carol!!!

That Janie Girl said...

Better start saving your bucks, Jonboy!!